Done, Done, and...Well almost DONE

My last year of school. Ok, let's be realistic here...my last year of my Bachelors in Business Administration. HALLELUJAH!

It has taken half a year longer than expected but hey, we can't always predict whats going to happen in our lives right? That half year was taken up with a new baby, a daughter that doesn't stop moving, and a move to a new place. So to say that I am pretty proud of myself is an understatement. I will, however, be stoked when I'm finished with this degree due to the fact that I don't think I am cut out for the business world.

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad that I am finishing this degree. But I definitely want to continue my education. And not with a masters. For some reason, I have never wanted to have a masters degree, except for when I wanted to do psychology in which case I would have gotten my Doctorates. Nope, I want to take what I learned from this degree and start pursuing something completely different. MEDICAL. No I do not want to be a doctor or a nurse for that matter. I'm not cut out for the blood. But I'm definitely moving towards respiratory therapist or radiography. Both of which I am completely interested in and would LOVE to do.

At the end of the day, I just want to help people. I want to go home knowing that I've done something to help someone. I don't know that I can do that with my business degree. It is a great degree to have because it can be used for so much and I love having the knowledge that I do now about the business world and how to start and manage a business. I just don't know that it's for me. At the time, it was a degree I could do all online which I needed with one and then two children and a husband deployed on and off. I just want more for myself. I am an overachiever most definitely.

So here's to the last year of this degree and hopefully I will be able to move on to bigger and better things next year for myself. I'm already starting a list of things that I want to do and I am going to do those things. I have been putting myself last for years now (I get that from my dad) and I am going to start doing things for me. I think everyone has to do things for themselves or they will just end up fading into the background and that's never good.

So wish me luck. One year to go! WOOT!

0 shout outs:

Post a Comment