Someone Help A Sister OUT!

I need a job....sigh...I really need a job.

I know, I know...in this economy jobs are scarce. I understand that. But with each "thank you but we're pursuing other candidates," letter I receive, the more and more depressed I am getting.

I like to think of myself as an intelligent person. I also like to think of myself as someone that can learn things very easily. What stinks the most is that I'm not even getting a chance. Due to certain circumstances, I haven't been able to work in the past few years. I'm sorry, but I thought staying home with my daughter while her daddy was gone in a warzone was a little more important. And since I didn't need the job and was going to school, I felt that was the best decision for me and my family. Boy do I wish I would have gotten a job.

Everyone these days wants experience and I simply don't have that. Forget the fact that I can not only work a computer but can troubleshoot a lot of problems on my own, I can learn any computer program needed in a very short amount of time and I am a pretty darn personable person. People generally like me and find me easy to talk to. I remember in my restaurant days, everyone wanted to tell me everything. It was horrible because I knew everything about everyone and so I just kept my mouth shut most of the time (BTW I don't recommend working in the restaurant industry if you want to get hired elsewhere. It doesn't work too well).

 I'm just tired of getting rejected from the jobs that I have applied for when I know I could do the job with my eyes closed and do it well. It's hard. I've been searching for almost 4 or 5 months now and nothing. To say that I'm frustrated doesn't even begin to describe how I am feeling. 

0 shout outs:

Post a Comment